Is this the new Renault livery?

Found on grandprixgames.org’s forum. If it is, I cautiously approve. Hard to tell much due to the blurring, but Jordan already proved in ’97 and ’98 that red makes for a nice complement to black and yellow (I imagine on the real thing, it’ll look a bit less pink than it does here!) – and it’s hard to argue that the bulk of it isn’t quite traditionally Renault.

Not long to go until we find out the truth, anyway – Renault are scheduled to launch their new car on 31st Jan

Update (28.01): Another possible image has been found, this one looking like concept art. Not sure when it dates from, so if it’s fictional it could just be that the above is a render based on it – but I’m still willing to stick my neck out and say the 2010 car could end up looking something like it…

7 Comments

Ed

January 28, 2010 at 11:11 am

I like it, hopefully it is close to reality!

Also, hopefully any sponsorship their 2nd driver brings doesn’t ruin the livery.

gareth

January 28, 2010 at 11:45 am

Seems to be very devoid of sponsors doesn’t it, if that is the real thing? Definitely an improvement over the previous few years, but let’s wait til the real thing comes out. Almost looks like a GP4 render with the amount of reflection – what do you guys think? Great find though Seb!

Beye

January 28, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Here’s a better picture, though it’s a slightly different design applied to a 2007 car:

I’m not sure I like it. Yellow and black, fine, yellow and red, even better, but yellow, black and red… doesn’t work for me

Dahie

January 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I dunno, something looks off and I have my doubts about the picture.

J.S.

January 29, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I like that render more than the image in the newspaper, because it fits better with the design they had on the nose this year, which I thought wasn’t all that bad actually, it was just that the use of white made it look ugly.
    I am very curious to see what the car will look like when we finally get to see it on Sunday, and I beg they will sign Villeneuve instead of Petrov for the second car. I don’t want ugly Gazprom, Sberbank, MegaFon and whatnot logos stuck everywhere on the car. Then again, there is a possibility they will launch Sunday without even having signed a second driver.

J.S.

January 29, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Added: I also noticed that appears to be last year’s car in that render, so even if they use that exact livery, it might very well look different on the new car.

Vert